Kids always love chicken tenders, and this is a cheap, healthy and delicious option. You can use boneless thighs or breast, or simply use the coating for a baked chicken meal pleaser.
- 1 pound chicken thighs or breast, boneless, skinless. If using bone-in chicken, use 2 lbs chicken and double the spices.
- 1 cup bread crumbs. Preferred brown bread.
- 1/2 teaspoon each Italian seasoning or replace with dried oregano and thyme, garlic powder and onion powder.
- 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning or paprika
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Lightly grease a baking pan.
- If using boneless chicken, cut into 1” cubes. If the chicken is bone-in, cut into smaller pieces.
- Season the breadcrumbs with all the dried spices and place in a plastic bag.
- Add the chicken and shake well! Ensure all the chicken has a good covering of crumbs.
- Separate the chicken pieces into the baking pan.
- Bake until nicely browned, about 15 minutes. Takes longer if the bone-in chicken pieces are large.
Serves 4 healthy appetites!