- ½ lb saltfish
- ½ cup cassava flour
- ¼ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp baking powder or ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. celery, chopped finely
- 1 sprig chive, chopped finely
- 2 tbsp onion, grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 2 sprigs fine leaf thyme, chopped finely
- ½ cup water
- Oil for frying (sunflower or coconut oil)
- Boil and flake the saltfish. Mix the flours and baking powder.
- Add the saltfish, parsley, chive, celery, onion, garlic and fine leaf thyme.
- Add the water and egg and mix into a batter. Dip out spoons of the batter and fry.
- Fry until golden brown and drain on paper towels.
- Serve with your favourite sauce.
Recipes courtesy simplytrinicooking.com